2021 Community Impact Grant
Community Impact Grant Applications open the 4th Quarter of the year and are due on January 15th by 5pm.
The Community Impact Grant addresses several needs within the community. Specifically in these areas:
Description: Helping individuals of all ages in our community achieve their full potential.
- Children enter school developmentally on track in terms of literacy and social, emotional, and intellectual skills.
- Young people graduate from high school.
- Youth develop life and work skills to help them make a successful transition from high school to adulthood.
2. INCOME SUPPORT:
Description: Helping families become financially stable and independent, while ensuring that basic needs are met.
- Families have support for basic needs, including shelter and food.
- Youth and adults develop financial literacy skills.
- Lower-income families move toward financial stability.
- Community members have resources to overcome disasters and emotional or financial crisis.
Description: Helping to improve all of our communities member's health.
- Community members have access to basic and preventative health services.
- Youth and adults are healthy and avoid risky behaviors.
- Seniors and people with disabilities maximize their self-sufficiency.
These focus areas are open to support everyone in Eddy County.
Eligibility and Operating Requirements:
- Operate or provide services within Eddy County. Grants are specific to either North or South Eddy. Applicants must only submit information for the specific part of the County they are requesting funding for.
- Operate as a 501 (c)3 non-profit charitable health or health service organization, or organization that facilitates educational programs or as a governmental or quasi-governmental unit.
- Operate under written Articles of Incorporation and By-laws or other written documents or statutes that define the applicant’s purposes, membership, management and operation.
- Operate on a non-discriminatory basis of employment, recruitment of volunteers, and delivery of services.
- Demonstrate effective program performance and financial responsibility and accountability.
- Provide services that align with United Way’s identified needs in Education, Health, and Income Support.
- Funds shall be used solely for the granted purpose.
- Funded activities shall commence during time frame specified in the grant application.
- Grant funds not expended as directed by United Way and within the time frame allowed shall be returned to United Way.
- No grant will be given for any purpose that would jeopardize the tax-exempt status of United Way or the applicant's organization.
- Grant recipients shall acknowledge United Way of Eddy County in all promotional materials, activities, and programs funded with United Way monies.
- Grant recipients will be asked to sign a Memorandum of Agreement.
- Grant recipients shall submit a mid-year and year-end report indicating progress on stated outputs and outcomes as well as quarterly reports demonstrating financial accountability.
Other Important Information:
Questions: Email: email@example.com or 575-887-3504