FOOD RESOURCES IN EDDY COUNTY
Please note these resources are changing daily. Please check back for accurate information or call 2-1-1 from any phone in Eddy County.
1) Calvary Assembly of God located at 2107 W. Church (next to the Stop N Shop) serves hot meals to anyone in need on Monday evenings at 6:00 pm. Food Distribution on the 3rd Saturday of every month at noon. Please bring your ID and a container to carry your food home in.
2) Terri Able Community Kitchen located at 402 S. Alameda, is once again providing lunch (take out meals) on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 11:00 am to 12:00 noon.
3) Abundant Harvest (Oasis Christian Church) is located at 802 S. Main Street. Phone number is 575.887.1212. Food distributions on Tuesdays from 9:00 to 11:00 am. Bring your ID and a container to take your food home in.
4) Faith Hope & Love, located across the street from Denton Wood Funeral Home at 933 N. Canal Street has ready to eat meals and pantry staples. Open limited hours, Monday-Thursday from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. By appointment only. Call 575.941.2022 for more information.
5) Jonah’s House Food Pantry located at 521 W. Stevens, is open Monday-Friday from 9:00 to 11:00 am. They provide food assistance to families one time per month. Must have a referral from a church or organization each time assistance is requested.
6) Packs for Hunger, will continue to provide food on the weekends for children already enrolled in the program. You may call Central Office and ask for the Low Income Director or your school counselor for more information, or to see about enrolling your child in this program.
7) SECAC Senior Meal Site, CARLSBAD: 915 San Jose Blvd., 575.885.1402; ARTESIA: 1313 Gilchrist, 575.746.6712. Congregate meal site has been closed per the Governor’s Office. Homebound seniors will still get meals delivered. All others that are able to drive, SECAC will set up a drive thru meal pick up.
8) United Way of Eddy County Food Distribution: CARLSBAD: Epworth United Methodist Church 1405 W Blodgett St. Distribution the 2nd Friday of every month begins at 10am. Call 575-887-3504 with questions.
9) NM Aging & Long-Term Services Department: If you are a senior or disabled adult and cannot access groceries, please call 1-800-432-2080 and leave a message with your name, phone number and city/town you reside in. You will be contacted within 2 hours of your call, if not sooner.
1) St Vincent De Paul Food Bank, 603 Roselawn, 575.748.8824. Open Monday – Friday 8:00 – 5:00.
2) Trinity Temple Assembly of God, 1507 W. Hermosa, 575.748.3389. Every first and third Tuesday from 10:00 to 11:00 am.
3) United Way of Eddy County Food Distribution: ARTESIA: 1ST National Bank 909 W Main St. Distribution on the 2nd Friday of every month begins at 8:00am. Call 575-887-3504 with questions.
4) Loaves and Fishes, Comm FP, 120 E. Argyle. Serving Hagerman, Lake Arthur and Dexter. 575.626.1778. Distributions are from 9:00 to 11:00 am on the second and third Tuesdays of every month, and from 5:00 to 7:00 pm on the fourth Tuesday of every month. It is a drive up distribution. Please bring proof of your physical address/zip code.
5) Artesia Emergency Relief, 103 N. 6th Street, (75.746.9475. Provides food, pays utilities and rent for persons in distressed situations to temporarily relieve poverty until governmental assistance is obtained.