United Way of Eddy County
Position: Manager of Finance
Reports to: Executive Director
To manage all financial records and processes to produce accurate financial information, timely payment of all obligations, and ensures adequate cash flow. Provide leadership in the development of computer resources to track donor, volunteer and financial information. Maintain employee records and administer employee benefits. To carry out other duties as assigned.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Submits and prepares United Way Worldwide Membership Certification.
- Completes required reports.
- Attend meetings as requested.
- Assists to develops administrative financial policies and procedures as requested.
- Posts and balances general ledger and prepares financial statements.
- Reconcile checkbooks, prepare checks for authorized signatures.
- Prepares 941 tax forms and processes monthly payroll tax payments.
- Prepares allocation checks and all accounts payable checks.
- Prepares budget and financial forecasts.
- Maintains investment records and helps coordinate with investment professionals according to United Way investment policies.
- Compiles and updates finance policies and procedures.
- Supports Finance Committee and Executive Committee with financial information.
- Insures that all purchases have prior approval of Executive Director and are consistent with budget approved by Board of Directors.
- Prepares information on campaign designations and total giving to be used in preparing campaign reports to governmental entities, campaigns, federations, charities and United Way Worldwide.
- Prepares information needed for completion of annual audit.
- Assists in developing financial policies, procedures, budgets, forecasts and financial statements.
- Works with Campaign Chair to support the annual United Way campaign and to support United Way volunteers with information and services.
- Reports on campaign collections.
- Bill regularly for pledge payment and document pledge receivables.
- Contacts businesses that are delinquent in campaign pledge.
Duties, tasks and specific responsibilities may be added, changed, eliminated or assigned to this position.
QUALIFICATIONS TO PERFORM
Education and/or Work Experience
- BA or equivalent experience in Accounting or Finance
- 3-plus years of experience in accounting with a working knowledge of Quickbooks background in computerized accounting systems
- Ability to interpret financial transactions for production of accurate financial statements
- Ability to recognize and institute proper accounting controls for cash, general, and subsidiary ledgers
- Fluent in the English language, both oral and written, including correct punctuation, spelling and grammatical usage
- Proficient in the latest Microsoft Office Environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Interested applicants should forward resume to email@example.com