Water Assistance

United Way of Carlsbad & South Eddy County is proud to announce our newest program “Help on Tap”.   This is a water assistance program that will help local community members pay their water utility bill.  We will be following the same process as our other utility assistance program, Heat NM.    United Way can pay up to $120 once a year. 


United Way staff will be available to assist Monday -Friday 8am - 5pm.  Applicants must come to the United Way Office at 116 S. Canyon.  No telephone applications will be accepted. 


For more information, contact the United Way office by dialing 2-1-1 from any phone in Eddy County or dial 575-941-2020.


To apply, applicants must bring with them:

1. Water Utility Bill:  The bill must be no older than 45 days.  The applicants name must be on the bill either as the primary or secondary.

2. ID’s:  Identification is needed for all adults and children living in the home.  Valid Identifications for adults include:  Photo ID, Driver’s License, Passport, College ID, or Military ID. Valid Identification for children include:  Birth Certificate, School ID, Medicaid or Insurance card or Passport. 

3. Verification of Income:  To qualify for assistance with Heat NM, the applicant and household may not surpass 150% of the federal poverty level, based on the household size.  Income includes any employment or retirement income, SSI, SSDI, TANF documents, etc. 

4. Li-Heap approval/unable to assist letter.  Individuals over the age of 65 are not required to submit their Li-Heap documentation.